Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weight Watchers

I joined WW over the summer...July 1st to be exact...and the short two months I stuck with the program I lost 17 LBS. WOW. Well, then everything went downhill -- we had potluck after potluck after potluck at work. NOT so easy...then came fall...then the holidays. OUCH. Back on came those 17 LBS. Luckily no more...Unfortunately no less.

SO...I joined back up again on January 20.

WW has started a new Points Plus plan. The basic concept is the same. You have a TARGET number of points that you can allow yourself a day. Each food and beverage you have contains a set number of points from 0 on up. You track the points and once you get to your TARGET number...you stop. Pretty simple concept.

What I really like about the new program is that fruits and MOST veggies (potatoes, corn, peas, avacados -- they all have points) are "free". They have no points value. This is great because before fruits had points. It was all too easy to eliminate fruits from your diet to save your points for something else.

Now I'm a fruit FEEN :)

Here's a typical day: (foods and snacks vary daily...)

BREAKFAST: 4 POINTS
* fiber one bar
* banana

SNACK: 7 POINTS
* CLIF BAR

LUNCH: 7 POINTS
* turkey sandwich
* cheese crackers
* orange

SNACK: 5 POINTS
* pretzel with salt

DINNER: 4 POINTS
* 4 oz chicken breast
* salad w/ff dressing

SNACK: 2 POINTS
* SKINNY COW ICE CREAM :)

WITH all of that I'm still above the alloted points for the day...

My first official weigh in for this new WW program will be tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be down some pounds. On the bathroom scale I'm down 3...so we'll see.


WISH ME LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment